We believe the first step in looking fabulous is feeling your best, but we also know there are certain styles and outfits that help us flatter our body type. So whether you are petite, have a slim, angular frame, or have an hourglass figure, today we’ll give you styles and tips on how to dress to impress.
Good things come in small packages, so if you are petite don’t be afraid to go bold. High heels and a great-fitting pair of skinny jeans are your best friends! A cute pair of pumps will give you a few extra inches and elongate your legs, and slim-fitting skinny jeans will also give you an extra boost. Dressing in a monochromatic color scheme also helps create the illusion of length and height. The Swear By Sweater is ideal because although it appears oversized it’s cut to fit close to the body, so it won’t drown a petite frame.
1. Appliqué Cardigan, Applaud Top, Audrey Pant, Loeffler Randall Pump, Tory Burch Shoulder Bag, Michael Kors Watch
2. Swear By Sweater, McQueen Shirt, Diamondback Super Skinny Jean, CAbi Wreath Necklace, Stuart Weitzman Pump, butter LONDON Nail Polish
If you want to minimize broader shoulders, we recommend opting for pieces that highlight your waist and legs. Pairing a close-fitting top with a looser trouser helps to balance out your shape and draw attention downward.
3. Best In Show Jacket, Allure Blouse, Femme Skirt, Ann Taylor Heel, United Colors of Benetton Bag, Bobbi Brown Eye Palette
4. Ryder Jacket, Cece Shell, Bordeaux Wash Skinny Jean, Ann Taylor Cuff Set, Joe’s Jeans Bootie, Aldo Satchel
If you’re looking to minimize your midsection, wear pieces that balance your shoulders and bust with your hips. You’ll want looks that create fullness on top and lengthen from the waist down.
5. Bittersweet Cargo, Beguile Top, Kate Spade New York Statement Necklace, House of Harlow Cuff, French Connection Pump, DVF Bag
6. Portuguese Pavement Shawl, Serene Tee, Stormy Wash Super Skinny Jean, Monserat De Lucca Shoulder Bag, Kendra Scott Earrings, Michael by Michael Kors Bootie
If you’ve got an hourglass figure, then you’re showing off curves in all the right places. Our CAbi Curvy fit was designed with you in mind and is perfectly tailored to enhance your body, making you feel sexy, confident, and sophisticated. To get your best fit possible, consider investing in a tailor to get any additional alterations that make your clothes look like they were made just for you.
7. Polka Dot Sweater, Essential Tank, Bordeaux Wash CAbi Curvy Skinny Jean, CAbi Bisou Scarf, Franco Sarto Tote, Aqutalia by Marvin Boot
8. Dash Jacket, Striped Tee, Cool Down Pant, CAbi Hardware Bangle, DKNY Bootie, Nars Lipstick
If you have a more rectangular frame, you can wear practically any style you choose. But if you want to create some curves, try adding definition to your waistline, which creates the illusion of fuller hips. Get the look with tops like the Peplum Shell and take advantage of optical illusion via colorblocking from the Dynamo Tee.
9. Tuscadero Coat, Peplum Shell, Ponte Pencil Skirt, Chinese Laundry Pump, J.Crew Clutch, CAbi Paisley Heritage Buckle
10. Straight Shooter Tech Pant, Dynamo Tee, Ryder Jacket, Vans Slip-On Sneaker, Adidas/Stella McCartney Yoga Bag, Nordstrom Watch