When we wear the same work outfits, week in and week out, we all can get that stuck-in-a-rut feeling of “I have nothing to wear!” Well, prepare to be inspired. Three “career women by day, fashion bloggers by night” open their closet doors to dish out their office style, along with some tips and tricks to spice up your work fashion.
Maria Wyatt-Uhl: Orlando Fashion Girl. Orlando Fashion Girl is Maria’s personal style diary, encouraging fellow Central Floridians to shop locally and embrace small businesses. Maria has always had a passion for fashion – her blog is full of outfit inspiration from her closet, as well as trendy street style looks.
- Her 9-to-5 profession: Public Relations
- Her office style: Clean lines and neutral colors. Her goal is to look effortlessly high fashion in a crisp white shirt like the Playwright Blouse, but paired with a fun trend like the At Ease Track Pant. The accessories are where she has fun, adding cool jewelry and statement shoes.
- Her favorite style tip: Keep it simple and have one statement piece in your ensemble.
Rachelle Porsenna: Pink Sole. Pink Sole is Rachelle’s creative outlet, where she shares her personal style and love for fashion. Rachelle favors cute and stylish (but always wallet-friendly) clothes that fit well and make her look fabulous. Rachelle’s favorite things include: coffee, breakfast, sweet treats, and Sex and the City (and who could forget about sunglasses and shoes!).
- Her 9-to-5 profession: IT Quality Assurance / Automation
- Her office style: Classic and feminine, but always with comfort in mind. She loves pairing the Ginger Top with a neutral cardigan.
- Her go-to accessory: A long necklace. They are subtler than a statement necklace, but still dress up any blouse or shirt.
Paulina Mo: Lil Bits of Chic. Lil Bits of Chic is Paulina Mo’s fashion and lifestyle blog that documents her creative projects, her personal style, and beauty tips. Paulina speakers to her readers like they’re her girlfriends, giving advice about fashion, style, and products.
- Her 9-to-5 profession: Senior Financial Analyst
- Her office style: On professional days she wears something like the classy and comfortable Claire Dress and the Casablanca Trench; in her line of business, neutral and conservative pieces are essential. Depending on her day, a large cup of coffee and a pair of flats are necessary!
- Her go-to accessory: In a professional and conservative setting, less is more. Since she’s also a fashion blogger, she can’t help but add a little touch of pizazz with jewelry, like a monogram necklace.
Now take another peek in your closet. Seeing anything that excites you? Try mixing and matching some new pieces together. Sometimes all it takes is a fresh set of eyes or even some new accessories to breathe new life into the pieces you already have. Think like a fashion blogger and you may find your new favorite sweater is one you already own!