Celebrate the stars and the stripes with this red, white and blue pie recipe! And if you want a matching outfit for your 4th of July dessert, don’t forget to get some inspiration here.
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin
- 1 pint of fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 pint of fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 4 oz. of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ¾ of whipped topping
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for two minutes or until thickened. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
Divide mixture in half. Stir blueberries and lemon juice into one portion; spread over crust. Chill until set. Gently fold raspberries into remaining gelatin mixture; cool to room temperature and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over blueberry layer. Chill until set, about two hours.
Carefully spread raspberry mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least four hours.