Hey ladies, happy Thursday! Nikki here from My Style Diaries, and I’m so excited to be taking over the cabi blog! Today I’m here to chat about some of my favorite beach bag essentials. That’s right, I have no idea how this happened, but suddenly, June is upon us and summertime has arrived. It’s time to get those beach bags packed.
When I first thought of my own beach essentials, I immediately considered the snacks I’d bring along, obviously. But then, I wasn’t sure how I’d even fit an entire pizza into these photos (or my bag), and quickly moved on. So here goes…a few of my favorite beauty picks, sun care products, and accessories to bring along on my ideal beach day.
1. Brixton hat – I never hit the beach without a brimmed hat, and this one is my favorites. I’ve had this hat for a couple of years, and it’s still going strong after being packed away in my suitcase so many times. It’s a tough one!
2. Tory Burch nude sandals – Every gal needs a great pair of neutral sandals or flip flops, and these are my hands-down faves. They’re comfortable for all-day wear, and they come in seven different colors, just in case neutral isn’t your thing.
3. White Elephant Designs beach bag – This beach bag stirs up comments and laughs everywhere that I take it. White Elephant makes the cutest beach accessories and totes that are all under $100 USD.
4. Karen Walker sunglasses – Oversized shades are great for protecting the delicate eye area from the sun, and these are my summer go-to pair. They’re a bit of an investment, but you can find a more affordable pair here.
5. cabi Flora Scarf – A great scarf is my favorite kind of cover-up to bring along for a day at the beach. You can tie it around your waist or use it as a headscarf to keep hair off your face. The cabi Flora Scarf from Spring 2016 is still my favorite.
6. Beach Bum Towel Co. striped towel – I love a big fluffy towel for the beach or pool, and these are pretty much the cutest. It’s a terry cloth version of my favorite beach blankets, and I love the fun fringe trim.
7. Julep No Excuses SPF 40 Sunscreen Gel for Face – This one is a very recent discovery, but I am hooked. It’s a super easy gel sunscreen that I wear under my makeup every single day. It’s moisturizing without being greasy, and my makeup goes over it so smoothly.
8. Supergoop SPF 50 Setting Spray – This is probably one of my favorite beauty products, ever. It’s a refreshing setting spray that you can spray over your makeup. I always keep a bottle in my beach bag so I can reapply protection and get a little cooling face refresh throughout the day.
9. Supergoop SPF 30 Sunscreen Serum – This one is simple: good protection that rubs in quickly and doesn’t leave you greasy. Easy peasy.
10. Supergoop SPF 40 Lip & Cheek Treat – There’s pretty much nothing I hate more than sunburned lips—ouch!—so I’m always looking for lip products with SPF. This one is a lip balm you can also use on your cheeks. Genius.
11. Jenna Rammell Just Add Water tumbler – This thing is seriously amazing. It keeps water cold forever and ice stays frozen for over 24 hours. It’s upped my water intake, and it will be my beach companion this summer.
12. La Blanca bikini top – Lately I’ve been loving so many swimsuits from La Blanca. They have the cutest designs and make a ton of sizes, including plus-sized suits and lots of D+ top options.
13. Island Company printed beach sheet – These printed beach sheets are huge—perfect for stretching out or for the whole fam. I’ve also been known to spread out these beach sheets in the backyard for an summer afternoon nap outside.
And, if you have room left in that beach bag of yours, well then, you might as well pack a little something to wear after the beach. Personally, I’m going with the Captain Dress because it’s a wrinkle-free, packable perfection that gives me some extra breathing room after all of that pizza. Hashtag summer priorities, y’all.
So whether you’ve got a beach trip in your near future or weekend plans in your own backyard, pack your bags and grab something to read because summer is finally here.