Looking for a quick dinner recipe? Try this tasty chicken and rice skillet dinner tonight.
TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- ½ cup sour cream
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken pieces and onion; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add rice, broth, tomato, and chiles; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cheese and oregano. Top with spoonfuls of sour cream. Cover; let stand 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.